Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Motherboard
The GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard, based on the Intel Z68 Express chipset, supports the 2nd and new 3rd generation Intel Core socket 1155 processors such as the i3, i5 and i7. The price of the GA-Z68AP-D3 is R1 620.
Gigabyte Z68 motherboards are enabled with LucidLogix Virtu GPU Virtualization technology which allows users to dynamically switch between their built-in graphics and their high-end, 3D discrete graphics cards. Switchable graphics helps to dramatically reduce PC graphics power consumption.
Equipped with Intel Smart Response Technology, the GA-Z68AP-D3 uses intelligent block-based caching of frequently used applications to improve system performance and responsiveness.
With Touch Bios Hybrid EFI technology, with DualBios, and On/Off Charge technology, the GA-Z68AP-D3 is a feature-rich motherboard. Scroll down for the technical specs.
GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard specifications:
- Support for Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors/ Intel® Core™ i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1155 package
- L3 cache varies with CPU
- Intel® Z68 Express Chipset
- 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory
* Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules
- Support for non-ECC memory modules
- Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
- 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920×1200
- Realtek ALC889 codec
- High Definition Audio
* To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- 1 x Realtek RTL8111E chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
* The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX1_2 and PCIEX1_3 slots. When the PCIEX1_2 slot or the PCIEX1_3 slot is populated, the PCIEX4 slot will operate at up to x1 mode.
- 3 x PCI Express x1 slots
(All PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
- 2 x PCI slots
- Support for AMD CrossFireX™ technology
* The PCIEX16 slot operates at up to x4 mode when AMD CrossFireX™ is enabled.
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3_0, SATA3_1) supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_2~SATA2_5) supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices
* The SATA2_5 connector will become unavailable when the mSATA connector is installed with a solid state drive.
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* When a RAID set is built across the SATA 6Gb/s and SATA 3Gb/s channels, the system performance of the RAID set may vary depending on the devices being connected.
- Up to 10 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 6 ports available through the internal USB headers)
Etron EJ168 chip:
- Up to 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
|Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x mSATA connector
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 2 x system fan headers
- 1 x power fan header
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 3 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x clearing CMOS jumper
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
|Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- 1 x parallel port
- 1 x serial port
- 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
- 1 x HDMI port
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- iTE IT8728 chip
- System voltage detection
- CPU/System temperature detection
- CPU/System/Power fan speed detection
- CPU overheating warning
- CPU/System/Power fan fail warning
- CPU/System fan speed control
* Whether the CPU/system fan speed control function is supported will depend on the CPU/system cooler you install.
- 2 x 32 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AWARD BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.4, ACPI 1.0b
- Support for @BIOS
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress BIOS Rescue
- Support for Download Center
- Support for Xpress Install
- Support for Xpress Recovery2
- Support for EasyTune
* Available functions in EasyTune may differ by motherboard model.
- Support for Smart 6™
- Support for Auto Green
- Support for eXtreme Hard Drive (X.H.D)
- Support for ON/OFF Charge
- Support for Cloud OC
- Support for 3TB+ Unlock
- Support for TouchBIOS
- Support for Q-Share
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
- Intel® Smart Response Technology
- LucidLogix Virtu
- Support for Microsoft® Windows® 7/Vista/XP
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 21.5cm
GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard price: R1 620.