Samsung External Blu-ray Writer
Slimmed-down computers such as tablet PCs and ultrabooks do not have DVD writers. This is where the Samsung External Blu-ray re-writer comes to the rescue. The super-slim Samsung offers everything you’ll need for your mobile optical drive needs.
At only 12.7mm high and measuring only 145 x 145mm, this little Samsung Blu-ray writer slips easily into your tablet of notebook bag. And since it connects via an USB cable there are no bulky power units to cart along. Simply plug it in and play.
The Samsung External Blu-ray writer also connects to television sets for true 1080p full HD viewing . As Samsung explains:
AV devices such as TV are available for multimedia files on your disc by connecting Samsung External ODD via USB cable. Just give it two light touches with Tray open And the Drive goes into AV connectivity mode. It lets you enjoy a variety of content including music, pictures and video From now, Samsung external ODD is not only for storage but also for mulimedia!
- Drive Type: Blu-ray Writer
- Enclosure Type: External
- Drive Height: Slim (12.7mm)
- Loading Type: Tray
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Drive Mounting: Horizontal
- 4MB Buffer Memory
- Disc Formats: BD-R Single Layer,BD-R Single Layer LTH, BD-R Dual Layer, BD-R Triple Layer, BD-R Quad Layer, BD-RE Single Layer, BD-RE Dual Layer, BD-RE Triple Layer, BD-ROM Single Layer, BD-ROM Dual Layer, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD+R, DVD+R Dual Layer, DVD-R, DVD-R Dual Layer, DVD-RAM, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-RAM, CD-DA, CD+E (G), CD-MIDI, CD-TEXT, CD-ROM XA, Mixed Mode CD, CD-I, CD-I Bridge (Photo-CD, Video-CD), Multisession CD (Photo-CD, CD-EXTRA, Portfolio)
Data Transfer Rates:
- 6X (27MB/sec) BD-R Dual Layer Write
- 6X (27MB/sec) BD-R Dual Layer Read
- 2X (9MB/sec) BD-RE Dual Layer Write
- 6X (27MB/sec) BD-RE Dual Layer Read
- 6X (27MB/sec) BD-ROM Dual Layer Read
- 8X (10.8MB/sec) DVD+R Write
- 8X (10.8MB/sec) DVD+R Read
Selling for R1299.00, the Samsung External Blu-ray re-writer also is PCMag Editors’ Choice for optical drives.