“Will you be able to keep up?” asks CM Storm when explaining that their SPAWN gaming mouse runs with a high-performance 3500 DPI sensor, boasting that the Omron micro switches can endure 5 million clicks.
The CM Storm SPAWN optical gaming mouse certainly offers a lot for only R415. It looks good and feels good with the specially crafted claw grips. It’s also lightweight, at a fighting fit 142 grams.
Let’s have a closer look at the SPAWN:
CM Storm SPAWN Optical Gaming Mouse features:
- Anti-Drift Control Sensor – The Spawn gaming mouse utilizes a high performance optical engine and ensures extreme stability. Built with an anti-draft architecture, it provides lossless performance under mouse lift and drop, with a built in angle snapping option one can formulate the perfect flick shot and maximize their kill rates with sheer accuracy.
- Onboard Sentinel-X 32 KB – The Sentinel-X microprocessor safeguards your mouse setting by storing button assignments, advanced macros and other mouse customization – allowing gamers to plug and play on any other system without losing their initial settings.
- Omron Micro Switches (5 Million clicks) – Ultra tactile mouse clicks for in-game fragging is afforded through the utilization of Omron’s patented micro switch technology. Backed by a minimum guarantee of 5 million clicks, the Spawn gaming mouse offers an extended gaming life-span for the avid gamer.
- Japanese-Made Ultra-Step Wheel Encoder – Ultra precise stepping encoder allows gamers to navigate small distances with the scroll wheel while establishing great control and precision.
- DPI On the Fly – Comfortably placed under the scroll wheel, gamers can switch DPI settings easily to 800, 1800, and 3500.
- Superior Anti-Slip Rubberized Grip Design – Sweat proof and highly slip resistant, Spawn includes two thick rubber grips that have been deployed on both sides of the mouse. This affords full control to lift-off style gamers during game play.
CM Storm SPAWN reviews:
CM Storm introduced the SPAWN as “another weapon joins the online battlefield.” Truth is, if you want a hardcore gaming mouse, you might be more intrested in the Razor Mamba or super-awesome Cyborg RAT9 (but they cost more, obviously). The SPAWN, on the other hand – and as Benchmarkreviews put it – “is an attempt to bring things back to the basics, cutting out much of the fat of traditional gaming peripherals and leaving you with a gaming mouse with all of the essentials.”
“The bold styling on the Spawn will certainly make us stand out in the crowd and its solid design and tough rubberised grip make it an ideal mouse to use out in the world away from the safety of our desk at home.” So says Hardwareheaven.
A detailed review at overclock.net, calls the SPAWN a gaming mouse with a “Perfect shape for fingertip grip, great build quality and flawless tracking at 1800dpi.”
CM Storm SPAWN Optical Gaming Mouse specifications:
|Colour||Black + Red|
|Material||Rubber Grip / ABS Plastic|
|Dimensions||(L) 107 X (W) 75 X (H) 35 mm|
|Net Weight||142 g / 0.313 lb|
|Sensor||3500 DPI Storm Tactical Optical Sensor|
|Maximum Tracking Speed||60 IPS|
|Speed Measurement||6400 fps|
|Form Factor||Right Hand Ergonomic|
Thus, the CM Storm SPAWN is more than just a fast optical gaming mouse; it also doubles as a very good everyday mouse which you can proudly take along to your next LAN.
Official CM Storm SPAWN page